An Open Letter To The Mechanical Insulation Industry
Dear Insulation Friends,
You may have noticed the inactivity on Insulpedia in the last few months. That’s because it hasn’t generated enough revenue to continue pushing. Instead, I’ve spent the beginning of 2020 reaching out to many of you on the hunt for the next step in my career. I’ve learned a lot in the last year, and I’m excited to continue challenging myself in a new capacity.
Insulpedia remains online primarily for potential employers to see what I accomplished last year. But since it’s still live, I figured I would share my story and humbly ask my friends to please share this with your friends, HR departments, managers, CEOs, etc. My goal is to secure a leadership role with a growing company that can benefit from my diverse skill set. I’m open to relocation for the right opportunity, and would also consider independent manufacturer representation.
- Graduated in 2004 from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business majoring in finance
- Developed value-based selling skills and advanced knowledge of piping systems in my first job at Victaulic Company
- Represented each of the following companies as an independent manufacturer’s rep and acquired technical knowledge of their products: Unifrax, Proto Corporation, Polyguard, Buckaroos, Ideal Products, K-Flex USA, Avery Dennison, Vimasco, Boss Products, RHH Foam, Midwest Fasteners, Auburn Manufacturing, No-Sweat Valve Wraps, & Compac Tape (pre-acquisition)
- Penetrated some of the world’s largest EPCs and refineries to solidify and strengthen Johns Manville’s position in industrial insulation specifications with key decision makers, many of whom where identified with strategic use of LinkedIn
- Acted as a cross-functional leader and ultimately VP of Sales and Marketing at Buckaroos overseeing inside sales/marketing and independent manufacturer’s reps across the US and Canada
- Hired and influenced hiring decisions for key roles at Buckaroos and Jeff-Co for accomplished employees, all who remain as high achievers today
- Influenced the migration to Sage 100C accounting software and maintained sole responsibility of cleaning and organizing decades old customer and product lists for seamless import
- Researched and implemented new software which pairs with Sage to streamline shipping quote procedures, significantly improving shipping costs and producing instant freight quotes
- Learned WordPress® and redesigned buckaroos.com which doubled organic page views and average time on site in the first year vs. prior
- Improved sales and profitability, operations efficiencies, and culture to have a positive impact towards Polyguard’s acquisition of Buckaroos in January of 2020.
- Honed WordPress® skills, became proficient with CSS, and learned some PHP
- Generated ads for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google to increase website visitors
- Produced significant web traffic resulting in an Alexa® rank that rivaled industry leaders
- Earned Google PageSpeed score of 93 (A) which exceeded scores from all known industry leaders
- Insulation Distributors, Contractors, and Fabricators across the US and Canada
- Mechanical Engineers across the US with a heavy concentration in the Midwest
- Insulation Subject Matter Experts for leading EPC firms
- Maintenance and Reliability Engineers throughout the Gulf Coast
- Salespeople, Managers and Executives with insulation industry manufacturers
- Pipe/Valve/Fitting Distributors and Mechanical Contractors
- ASHRAE, PHCC, ASPE, MCAA, CSI
- NIA, CSICA, MICA, SWICA, SEICA, ESICA
- IIAR, NACE
I feel the highlights above best illustrate my relevant experience, but I’m happy to share a chronological resume as needed. Thanks for your help and consideration.
Disclaimer: This content is purely news and information based. Insulpedia LLC, its administrator, and contributing authors exchange no funds for adding Articles, Press Releases, Product Q & A, Project Profiles, Image Galleries, or Videos to Insulpedia.com. If you are interested in contributing content to the site, please start the process by registering an account. Please contact us if you would like a feature article written for your company, product or service.