Be Fair and Honest.
- We encourage you to promote your products and services in an ethical and fair manner.
Cite your sources and back up your statements with data.
- If you wish to expose a false claim or misinformation from a competitor, include supporting data and test results. Submissions with extreme claims or statements that lack supportive data may be denied by Insulpedia editors.
Submit original work.
- You are responsible for the content you contribute to Insulpedia.com. Please do not submit content that has been published anywhere else. Doing so may forfeit your submission privileges.
Use copyrighted images or video appropriately.
- If you are not the rightful owner, provide clear details for the copyright holder.
- Specifying Engineers, Building Owners
- Use the title to draw the reader’s attention, but don’t reveal the entire message. Try to entice the reader to click and find out what the title is hinting towards.
- Aim for 250 to 800 words. Try not to exceed 1,200. Ideally, paragraphs should be 2-5 sentences.
- Utlilize your industry and product knowledge to help educate specifying engineers and motivate them to update their specifications.
- Be original, authentic, and try to focus around a distinct message for engineers. Utilize existing Insulpedia content to get ideas for the message you intend to convey. Consider including current events or industry news. Use examples to support your message.
- Center your article around an action(s) that specifiers will add to their to-do list. Maybe you’ve offered a list of things to remember upon inspection. Maybe you’ve illustrated an innovative new product and should close with a reminder to add it to their specifications.
- Try to include some third-party links to trustworthy sources. Linking to your own site and products is encouraged, but please also include links to other reputable sources. Insulpedia editors may add links or slightly modify the content in order to improve the display of your links in your content.
Proof your work
- Insulpedia editors will help with a final proof, but extremely sloppy work will not be approved.
Use a SINGLE space between sentences.
Point of View:
- Be consistent by choosing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person and sticking with it throughout.
- One through nine are written as such unless they come before “percent”. Numerals can be used for numbers 10 and up, unless they begin a sentence. Choose “more than” as opposed to “over”.
- Always expressed with numerals.
Abbreviations and Acronyms:
- For organizations, add a link if possible to the first instance. Otherwise, spell out the first reference within an article.
- insulation, jacketing and fittings -- not insulation, jacketing, and fittings.
Commas and Periods:
- Place them inside quotation marks.
- Always provide the source. Include a link to their LinkedIn page if applicable.
Single Quotation Marks:
- Only use them within another quote, in headlines and in sub headlines.
Write out “percent”.
- Never use “%” unless you are labeling a graph or chart.
Refer to a company as “It” instead of “They”.
How to add a link:
- Visit <a href="www.yourlink.com">our website</a> to learn more about your products.
- Result: Visit our website to learn more about your products.
How to embed a video:
- [ embed ]Video Link Goes Here[ /embed ] (must remove all spaces in brackets)